Add Your Heading Text Here
Therapy for Moms
Motherhood is so much harder than you ever envisioned it would be. You want more than this.
You feel like you don’t recognize yourself in the mirror anymore. Your days are constantly about survival and you count down the minutes until bedtime. Being a mom wasn’t supposed to be this way.
You feel like you are failing your baby, your kids, and yourself. You want to enjoy being a mother, but you don’t know how. Admitting this out loud can be tough, and this is where therapy for moms can help.
Motherhood didn’t come with a manual. We were told it takes a village to raise a child, but the “village” is no where in sight as you rock your baby to sleep in the middle of the night…again. You feel alone and question whether you are capable of being a good mom because others just seem to have it so easy and figured out.
By working together through 1:1 online therapy for moms, we’ll redefine what it means to be a good mom so you can confidently navigate each day, feel like yourself again, and be present in the way you want to be.
I won’t promise that there won’t be tantrum and tears – because both you and your baby which each inevitably shed some tears – but I will promise to help equip you with the tools and strategies you need to understand why you are triggered, learn to regulate your emotions, ask for help, prioritize your needs, and better care for yourself and your baby.
- Love your baby so much, but are also missing the woman you used to be
- Recognize that managing stress after baby is harder than you anticipated
- Are overwhelmed, burnout, and emotionally drained
- Find yourself snapping easily, crying frequently, and constantly worrying about baby
- Doubt your ability to be a good mom
- Feel like you’re walking on a tightrope, trying to balance life and motherhood
- Feel distant and disconnected from your partner
- Are wondering if you’re ever going to feel like yourself again
I can help.
I help moms navigate the journey of motherhood while balancing relationships, work, and family while finding themselves again and redefining who they are. Deep down, you want to be a priority in your own life, but perhaps you don’t quite know how. Your energy has gone to everyone else for so long. You love being able to be a mom and take care of your kids, but you also feel frustrated, and resentful…a lot. Therapy is a safe place to say that out loud, likely for the first time, to a fellow mom and therapist specializing in working with moms just like you – someone who truly gets it.
My approach to online therapy for moms in Texas and Florida allows us to understand the roots of your stress and anxiety and help you work towards the confidence, peace, and fulfillment in life. As a therapist who specializes in providing therapy to new moms, I can help you feel connected to yourself again, confident in your abilities as a mom, and empowered to take on motherhood. You’ve kept these dark thoughts to yourself for so long, likely out of shame and fear that others won’t understand or might judge you.
You want to be able to enjoy motherhood, and I’m here to tell you it’s possible. You don’t have to wait to enjoy it when the kids get older. Together we can develop strategies to allow you to prioritize yourself, enjoy your kids, and find balance in life to avoid the constant balancing act that’s leaving you feeling like you’re walking a tightrope.
What can I expect from therapy?
Through online therapy for moms, we will:
- Discuss the hopes and expectations you had for motherhood, compare them to your current reality, and establish a strategy that gets you working towards the life you want and deserve.
- Redefine who you are as an individual, outside of your identity as a mom
- Establish healthy boundaries for your time, with family, at work, and in your relationship
- Identify any unhelpful thinking patterns you may be falling into and teach you tools to reframe and let go of them
- Help you experience joy and bond with your baby in the way you envisioned
- Build healthy coping skills to learn to prioritize yourself, identify triggers and regulate emotions
- Find a balance between all the things on your plate to alleviate the pressure you feel as a mom
You don’t need to go to therapy.
You deserve to go to therapy.
I currently offer 1:1 video online therapy for women living anywhere in Texas and Florida – including Southlake, Texas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, Miami, and Tampa.
Signs you might benefit from therapy:
- You and your partner feel more like roommates these days as you negotiate who changes the next poopy diaper, takes bedtime, and changes another load of laundry.
- You feel the endless pressure of motherhood. The weight of motherhood, and the family, is on your shoulders.
- You resent having to do it all…all of the time.
- You feel sad, depressed, disconnected, and alone
- You feel stuck and know you want things to be different
- You know that things are not sustainable and can’t continue this way. Something needs to change and as the CEO of the family, that something starts with you.